Tranquility

Tranquility

Thursday, February 3, 2011

God Made Costa Rica First

I keep forgetting about this thing, but how many people are actually reading it?!  I guess it doesn't matter, because one day I will look back and read everything.  Then, I will realize how much I miss being 19 years old.

Anyway, the day after my last post I went white water rafting on the Río Pacuare and it was incredible!  The water was fairly warm, there was some huge rapids, we got stuck!, and just the fact that we were going through a rain forest blew me away.  My guide's name was "Mono" and therefore, we were the monkeys!  Oo Ah Ah!

After that grand adventure I had my last week of my first Spanish class.  Advanced 1 Spanish was tough for me, but I did ok in the class.  So, after the exam Friday we had our last excursion to Arenal and Monteverde, it was the best one yet!  Friday we arrived and went to a resort with natural hot spring pools and the craziest most dangerous waterslide of my life.  Saturday, we started the morning off going to La Fortuna, a giant waterfall deep in the rain forest.  I swam around and underneath it in the pool that it made, incredible.  Then we took a boat ride across Lake Arenal where we could see most of the volcano.  Finally, the day ended with the best van ride of my life, through the green mountains during the sunset.  We arrived in Monteverde.

Sunday, we had the zipline canopy tour!  There were a 11 platforms and at the end we got to do the tarzan swing.  You're attached to a rope and you jump off a 150 foot platform and swiinnngggggg.  The entire weekend was amazing.  God did a really good job creating this place :).

Now a new Spanish class is underway and I'm enjoying it more than the last.  My great friends and I bought our tickets for Manuel Antonio this week, a beach town on the Pacific.  I'm ready for another weekend of fun and adventures!


Love

No comments:

Post a Comment