Tranquility

Tranquility

Saturday, January 22, 2011

OMG I have a blog!

Sorry everyone,

I forgot that I had a blog so I have a lot to tell you!  Well, last weekend we ventured to the other side of Costa Rica.  We went to a rasta town called Puerto Viejo on the caribbean and it was amazing (like everything else here).  It was the opposite of Tamarindo.  Less gringos, more culture, really good food that wasn't crazy expensive, pura vida.  There were stray dogs all over and coconuts galore.  Unfortunately, we got there on the 22nd consecutive day of rain.  But, on Sunday it cleared up and the water was already turning clear blue.  I tried surfing again and got yelled at by a rasta.  I went to clear things up and realized we were cool when he presumed to sell me some weed.  I declined.  But overall, it was a great weekend and I plan to go back!

I had a great week of school because we had no tests or presentations.  We went on a field trip to the Children's Museum downtown and it was awesome.  I ventured downtown another day this week and continued to learn more about the city.  Went to my first Costa Rican movie yesterday!  Ha... It was Tron in English, but it only cost $4!  Today, I went "fishing" up in the mountains and ate some trout that I caught.  Then, I went to downtown Cartago (the old capital) and got to go inside a 375 year old basilica during a service!  The place was so beautiful.   I feel like I'm just rambling now but that's ok!

I have come to find that God has blessed me in so many ways with this trip.  The country and people are beautiful.  I have made some amazing friends already.  I'm learning a lot of Spanish and I still have 13 weeks left!  I am so thankful and cannot imagine what else he has in store for me here.

Pura Vida

No comments:

Post a Comment