Tranquility

Tranquility

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Toros a la tica

Dude, you won't believe it.  Maybe with my current craziness you will.

Yesterday, Ben and I ran with the bulls in Zapote, San José!  We had to get to the stadium early and wait for hours to get our arms stamped.  We chatted it up with a bunch of other Ticos.  Their slang was very hard to understand, but we got the opportunity to learn some more.  After hours of waiting, the event began.  So here's how it works...  Over 100 lunatics stand in a big dirt ring and wait for an angry raging bull to run out and attack.  "The only thing you need to know, is the bulls are trying to kill you," says a fellow Tico.  I never knew I could jump a fence so fast.  After multiple bulls I survived!

I can't say anything else THAT eventful happened this weekend.  Last night we went to Café Mundo again and tonight we are going to an Argentinian Steakhouse because Rachel leaves tomorrow :(.

Stay tuned for more.  A little over a month to go.  God Bless

1 comment:

  1. AH! That sounds like an amazing experience-- From what I can tell you are taking advantage of this wonderful opportunity, enjoy your last month!

    ReplyDelete